The benefits of professionally cleaning kitchen ductingTMAdmin
Benefits of Duct Cleaning
Grease will accumulate in any extraction system, no matter how new the system is. Our many years of experience in the cleaning of commercial kitchen ducting ensures the work will be carried out to the highest standards.
The benefits of professionally cleaning kitchen exhaust systems:
- Improved health standards
- Decreased risk of fire
- Better ventilation for smoke and odour
- Greater energy savings
- Cleaner working environment
- Improved Government inspection ratings
Thorough and regular kitchen duct cleaning is a significant contributory factor to the health & wellbeing of your workforce. Without adequate and regular ductwork cleaning, a ventilation system designed to provide building occupants with clean, fresh air, could be doing the exact opposite with potentially serious consequences.
How often should kitchen ducting be cleaned?
- Light use – 2-6 hours per day – clean every 12 months
- Moderate use – 6-12 hours per day – clean every 6 months
- Heavy use – 12-16 hours per day – clean every 3 months
Ventilation issues don’t only occur in kitchen ducting.
If responsible, you must ensure any public area is well ventilated and that those ventilation systems are maintained.
Most major insurers mandate, that to retain valid building insurance, the business will typically be required to comply with the following guidelines:
- Ductworks should be cleaned every six months
- Filters cleaned weekly
- Ducting system is inspected monthly